Wolf's Rain




Review date: Sunday 04/21/2008
Reviewed by: Wendyl aka Wen Wen

Wolf's Rain is an adventure, post-apocalyptic and supernatural anime. When I came across this anime I was not expecting much out of it. To my surprise I found myself loving this anime. It has a lot of character growth and the animation is awesome. The concept is very original and the story line is great. The ending is very sad.

It starts off in the Freeze City (city of poverty and hardship) and wolves heading and searching for Paradise (Rakuen). The legend states that when the end of the world comes Paradise will appear and only wolves can find it. The anime circles around five main characters. And yes they are all young sexy male wolves. Kiba or Fang is the leader of the pack and his a total hottie. Kiba is more of enigmatic white wolf (full of wolf pride). Tsume a gray wolf is a rough and self-reliant fighter. Tsume pretty much keeps his feelings to himself. In the beginning these two alpha males do bump heads a lot. Hige a tan wolf who is more carefree and down to earth kinda of guy. On Hige's neck he has a collar with a symbol on it and he doesn't know how it got there. This is important piece of the puzzle as you continue the anime. Toboe the youngest of them all is a brown wolf. He wears a bracelet that his master (an old woman who raised him) given him. Toboe is rather friendly and protective toward the humans because of his old master. Cheza the Flower Maiden is the girl they need to find to open the door to Paradise. The maiden only responded to wolf's blood. Cheza has the ability to heal wolves with her song and touch. Cheza is made by Darcia from a moon flower.

The anime closes with all of them in their human form. Woot! Coming to the end of my review. Like I said in the intro I love this anime. I would like to say I want you all to watch it and love it as I did. I would give this anime an over all 8, 10 for story line and character growth, and 10 for the animation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

While the overall grammar and writing style is quite well done, it lacks the punch of Tom's review. A fine effort, but certainly not a masterpiece like Tom's review. I give this review a 7 out of 10 for accurate information, but not appeal.